Three people well-known in Summit County politics are among the members of the new Leadership Akron class.
Jason Dodson, chief of staff for Summit County Executive Russ Pry; Tamela Lee, a Summit County Council member; and Stephanie York, Akron’s spokeswoman and an assistant law director, will join 31 others as Class XXIX spends one day each month focusing on such needs in the Greater Akron area as social services, health care, education and justice.
Other members of the new class are:
• Heather Barnes, shareholder, Brouse McDowell.
• Pamela Betty, executive director, Family Promise Summit County.
• Marie Brilmyer, associate director, SS&G Inc.
• Tobin Buckner, director, PMBA, Akron Urban League.
• Michelle Carano, senior manager, Meaden & Moore.
• Todd Caruthers, vice president of sales and marketing, Superior Staffing Inc.
• Paul Catania, senior vice president/branch manager, Oswald Cos.
• Carla Davis, marketing communications director, Akron-Summit County Public Library.
• Jeff Douglas, district president, KeyBank.
• Mark Ford, executive director, Love Akron Network.
• Stephen Gary, senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer, Akron General Health System.
• Suzie Graham, president, Downtown Akron Partnership.
• Brad Heim, regional QTECH manager, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
• Laura Hnat, system director of development, Summa Foundation.
• Doug Kuczynski, vice president of sales and health-care market leader, Mutual Health Services.
• Dee Lowery, vice president of corporate affairs and community involvement, First-Energy Corp.
• Meghan MacDonald, agent/owner, Meghan MacDonald State Farm.
• Matt McCallum, vice president/talent development, Hitchcock Fleming & Associates.
• Don Padgett, executive director, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
• Kim Palmer, tax partner, Cohen & Co.
• Marietta Pavlidis, partner, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs.
• Heather Pollock, classics professor, University of Akron.
• Donald Scherer, attorney, Stark & Knoll Co.
• Ben Schlater, treasurer, Veyance Technologies Inc.
• Walt Schwoeble, vice president of human resources, Akron Children’s Hospital.
• Ben Scott, vice president of sales and marketing, FedEx Custom Critical.
• Vito Sinopoli, officer, Bath Police Department.
• Karyn Sullivan, director of business development, Bober Markey Fedorovich.
• Monica Vinay, director of investor relations, Myers Industries Inc.
• Derran Wimer, executive director, Summit Education Initiative.
• Sheldon Wrice, department chairman, University of Akron’s Summit College.
For information Leadership Akron, go to www. leadershipakron.org.