Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• State Route 8, under the Interstate 76 bridge (central interchange): There will be nightly lane restrictions for resurfacing from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. until further notice.
• South Main Street/Wilbeth Road intersection: Construction is under way until further notice. Lane restrictions will occur for widening, new signals and sidewalk installation. Access to all businesses will remain. The project is to be completed in the fall.
• Gorge Boulevard, under state Route 8: There will be lane restrictions for bridge repairs until June 22.
• Massillon Road, from East Market Street to Fenton Street: Closed under the I-76 overpass for water main installation and street reconstruction for about one more week. Massillon Road will remain open from Fenton Street south to Triplett Boulevard.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• Interstate 77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: Ghent Road over I-77 is reduced to one lane in each direction through mid-September for bridge repairs. Shade Road over I-77 will be closed until mid-July for bridge repairs. A detour is posted.
• Arlington Road, from just north of state Route 619 to the I-77 intersection in Green: There will be nightly lane restrictions for resurfacing from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. until late June.
• Eastern Road, between state Route 585 and Cleveland-Massillon Road in Norton and Chippewa Lake: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing starting Thursday until further notice.
• State Route 21 in Norton: Route 21 northbound between state Route 585 and Dorothy Street will be reduced to one lane for slide repair until late June. The entrance ramp from Route 585 to Route 21 northbound will be closed weekdays from 6 to 9 a.m. A detour is posted.
• Howe Avenue entrance ramp to state Route 8 in Cuyahoga Falls: Closed until mid-June for embankment repairs. A detour is posted.
• Van Buren Road bridge over the Tuscarawas River on the New Franklin/Barberton border: Closed until mid-October about one-quarter mile south of Eastern Road for bridge replacement. Detours will be posted.
• Interstate 271, between state routes 8 and 303 in Sagamore Hills Township: I-271 in both directions will have lane restrictions for bridge construction until further notice.
• I-271, from Olde Eight Road to the Cuyahoga County line in Macedonia: Reduced to one lane in each direction from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly for resurfacing until further notice.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• I-76, between state Route 57 and state Route 94: Reduced to one lane of traffic for a reconstruction project until further notice. The Route 57 entrance ramp to I-76 eastbound is closed as work continues on the interstate corridor. It is to reopen in late July. A detour will be posted.
• U.S. 42, from Sleepy Hollow Road to Boston Road in Brunswick: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in late October.
• State Route 3, between the Medina city limits and Ledge Road in Medina and Granger townships: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. Route 3 between the Medina limits and Interstate 71 will be restricted to traffic for resurfacing each night from 7 p.m. through 5 a.m. Friday Delays should be expected. The project is to be completed in late September.
• State Route 57, between the Lorain County line and state Route 18 in York Township: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing until further notice. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
• Leroy Road, at its bridge over I-71 in Westfield Township: Closed for bridge repair until June 26. A detour will be posted.
• Mud Lake Road, from Daniels Road west to Westfield Road in Westfield Township: Closed for about four months for railroad bridge replacement.
• Seville Road, between Westfield Road and Leroy Road in Westfield Township: Closed through Friday for bridge work.
• Congress Road, between Sanford Road and Moss Road in Harrisville Township: Closed through Friday for bridge work.
• Crain Avenue project in Kent: State Route 43 (North Mantua Street) will be restricted to one lane in each direction; left turns from Route 43 southbound to the east, across the Fairchild Avenue bridge, will be prohibited; and Cuyahoga Street and Stinaff Street will be closed at their intersection with Route 43, all until further notice.
• State Route 43, between County Road 18 and state Route 261 in Brimfield Township: There will be lane restrictions for crack sealing from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each night through Friday.
• I-76 in Brimfield and Rootstown townships: Until further notice, there will be nightly lane restrictions in both directions from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for resurfacing from just east of County Road 18 to just east of state Route 44. Sherman Road over I-76 is now open.
• I-76, from state Route 14 to the Mahoning County line in Edinburg and Palmyra townships: There will be daily lane restrictions for minor repairs to 14 bridges until further notice. A minimum of one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times.
• Interstate 480 eastbound, just east of the Summit County line in Streetsboro: There will be lane restrictions during nonpeak hours for slope repair until mid-August.
• State Route 303, between the Summit County line and state Route 14 in Streetsboro: Restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 303 bridge, between Diagonal Road and Price Road in Shalersville Township: Closed until late July for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State routes 14 and 225 in Paris, Palmyra and Deerfield townships: Lane restrictions will occur on Route 225 from I-76 to state Route 5 for pavement repairs until further notice.
• I-77 at the state Route 800 bridge in Canton: There will be lane restrictions on Route 800 for bridge repairs. The I-77 southbound ramp to the Route 800 south ramp is closed through mid-June. The detour will be Bolivar Road to Route 800 southbound.
• State Route 21, from state Route 241 to the northern Massillon limits: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 153 in Louisville: Constitution Avenue between state Route 153 and Willow Street will be closed until late June. A detour will be posted. California Avenue southbound between Howard Street and Route 153 will be closed through mid-June. Route 153 from Fruitland Avenue to Constitution Avenue is reduced to one lane in each direction for road construction.
• State Route 172, over the railroad between Glavera Avenue and Meyerson Avenue in Canton Township: Closed until late September for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 172, between the western Massillon limits and the Wayne County line in Tuscarawas Township: There will be lane restrictions for catch basin repairs until further notice.
• State Route 619, between state routes 44 and 183 in Marlboro and Lexington townships: Restricted to one lane maintained by flaggers for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 236, between Lloyd Street Northwest and state Route 93 in Lawrence Township: Closed through Thursday for a culvert replacement. A detour will be posted.
• U.S. 30 at Broadway Avenue in Osnaburg Township: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions to install a new traffic signal at the intersection.
• State Route 3, just north of Columbus Avenue Extension to state Route 226 in Wooster Township: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for pavement repair. It is to be completed in late July.
• U.S. 250, between state Route 83 and Kidron Road in Wooster, East Union, Salt Creek and Paint townships: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained with flaggers. It is to be completed in mid-September.
• Ruff Road, at its bridge over I-71 in Congress Township: Closed until June 26 for bridge repair. A detour will be posted.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: There will be lane closings on Interstate 77 in both directions at Harris Road for work on the overpass through June. Major work has resumed on Chestnut and Harris roads over I-77. Harris Road over I-77 is maintained with two-way traffic and a temporary traffic signal. Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville is maintained with one lane of two-way traffic with a temporary signal until further notice.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033. ¶