Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• Interstate 277/U.S. 224 westbound, between I-77 and I-76 (Kenmore leg): Closed until mid-July for pavement reconstruction. Detour will be I-77 north to I-76 west/I-77 north to I-76 west (Kenmore leg). Ramps closing during this time will be I-77 north to I-277/U.S. 224 westbound, and I-77 south to I-277/U.S. 224 westbound. Detours are posted. Also, U.S. 224 westbound from Kelly Avenue to the I-77 interchange will be reduced to one lane for bridge repairs.
• Harrington Road, between Swartz Road and Warner Road: The bridge over the Tuscarawas River is closing for maintenance work through June 29. Detours are posted. Access will be maintained from the Swartz Road intersection on the north end of Harrington Road to the bridge and all driveways in the area. Motorists coming from the north will be able to access the MetroParks.
• State Route 8, under the Interstate 76 bridge (Central Interchange): There will be nightly lane restrictions for resurfacing from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. until further notice.
• South Main Street/Wilbeth Road intersection: Traffic is narrowed to one lane in each direction on South Main for reconstruction of the intersection. Trucks will not be permitted to make turns within the construction zone. Truck detours will be posted. Construction will continue for widening, new signals and sidewalk installation until later in the summer. Access to all businesses will remain.
• Gorge Boulevard, under state Route 8: There will be lane restrictions for bridge repairs until Friday.
• Massillon Road, from Harding Avenue to Spade Avenue: There will be full-depth road reconstruction until November. Traffic is restricted to one-day southbound on Massillon Road between Esther Avenue and Triplett Boulevard.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: Everett Road over I-77 will be closed through early September for bridge work. Ghent Road over I-77 is reduced to one lane in each direction through mid-September for bridge repairs. Shade Road over I-77 will be closed until mid-July for bridge repairs. A detour is posted.
• Arlington Road, from just north of state Route 619 to the I-77 intersection in Green: There will be nightly lane restrictions for resurfacing from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. until late June.
• Eastern Road, between state Route 585 and Cleveland-Massillon Road in Norton and Chippewa Lake: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 21 in Norton: Route 21 northbound between state Route 585 and Dorothy Avenue will be reduced to one lane for slide repair until late June. The entrance ramp from Route 585 to Route 21 northbound will be closed weekdays from 6 to 9 a.m. A detour is posted.
• Van Buren Road bridge over the Tuscarawas River on the New Franklin/Barberton border: Closed until mid-October about one-quarter mile south of Eastern Road for bridge replacement. Detours will be posted.
• I-271, from Olde Eight Road to the Cuyahoga County line in Macedonia: Reduced to one lane in each direction from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly for resurfacing until further notice.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• I-76 eastbound, between state Route 57 and state Route 94: Reduced to one lane of traffic for a reconstruction project until further notice. The Route 57 entrance ramp to I-76 eastbound is closed as work continues on the interstate corridor. It is to reopen in late July. A detour will be posted.
• U.S. 42, from Sleepy Hollow Road to Boston Road in Brunswick: Reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. It is to be completed in late October.
• State Route 3, between the Medina city limits and Ledge Road in Medina and Granger townships: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. Delays should be expected. The project is to be completed in late September.
• State Route 252, between Sprague Road in Lorain County and state Route 303 in Liverpool Township: Reduced to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. It is to be completed in November.
• State Route 57, between the Lorain County line and state Route 18 in York Township: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing until further notice. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
• State Route 83, at intersection of Shank Road in Litchfield Township: Closed through Friday for a culvert replacement. A detour is posted.
• Leroy Road, at its bridge over I-71 in Westfield Township: Closed for bridge repair until Tuesday. A detour will be posted.
• Mud Lake Road, from Daniels Road west to Westfield Road in Westfield Township: Closed until October for railroad bridge replacement.
• Congress Road, between Sanford Road and Moss Road in Harrisville Township: Closing Monday through June 28 for bridge work.
• State Route 604, just west of state Route 83 in Congress Township: Closing Monday through June 29 for a culvert replacement. A detour will be posted.
• Crain Avenue project in Kent: State Route 43 (North Mantua Street) will be restricted to one lane in each direction and left turns from Route 43 southbound to the east, across the Fairchild Avenue bridge, will be prohibited until further notice. Cuyahoga Street and Stinaff Street are now open.
• I-76 in Brimfield and Rootstown townships: Sandy Lake Road over I-76 will be closed until the end of August. Detour is Lakewood Road to Tallmadge Road. I-76 in both directions under Sherman Road and Sandy Lake Road will have nightly lane restrictions for bridge reconstruction. Also, I-76 will have lane restrictions in both directions from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for resurfacing from just east of County Road 18 to just east of state Route 44.
• I-76, from state Route 14 to the Mahoning County line in Edinburg and Palmyra townships: There will be daily lane restrictions for minor repairs to 14 bridges until late June. A minimum of one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times.
• State Route 303, between the Summit County line and state Route 14 in Streetsboro: Restricted to one lane of traffic for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 303 bridge, between Diagonal Road and Price Road in Shalersville Township: Closed until late July for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State routes 14 and 225 in Paris, Palmyra and Deerfield townships: Route 14 over the Berlin Reservoir will be reduced to one lane for bridge repairs until the end of June. Lane restrictions will occur on Route 225 from I-76 to state Route 5 for pavement repairs until further notice.
• Interstate 77 at the state Route 800 bridge in Canton: There will be lane restrictions on Route 800 for bridge repairs. The upper part of the I-77 southbound ramp to the Route 800 south ramp is closed through late June. The detour will be Bolivar Road to Route 800 southbound.
• State routes 93 and 236 in Canal Fulton and Lawrence Township: Route 93 from the northern Canal Fulton limits to the Summit County line will have daily lane restrictions for resurfacing, as will Route 236 from Portage Street Northwest to the Summit County line until further notice.
• Middlebranch Avenue, just south of the Werner Church Avenue in Plain Township: Closed until the end of June for storm sewer repairs. There will be no through traffic. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 21, from state Route 241 to the northern Massillon limits: There will be lane restrictions for resurfacing until further notice.
• State Route 153 in Louisville: Route 153 from Fruitland Avenue to Constitution Avenue is reduced to one lane in each direction for road construction. Constitution Avenue is now open.
• State Route 172, over the railroad between Glavera Avenue and Meyerson Avenue in Canton Township: Closed until late September for bridge replacement. A detour will be posted.
• State Route 172, between the western Massillon limits and the Wayne County line in Tuscarawas Township: There will be lane restrictions for catch basin repairs until further notice.
• State Route 619, between state routes 44 and 183 in Marlboro and Lexington townships: Restricted to one lane maintained by flaggers for resurfacing until further notice.
• U.S. 30 at Broadway Avenue in Osnaburg Township: Until further notice, there will be lane restrictions to install a new traffic signal at the intersection.
• State Route 3, just north of Columbus Avenue Extension to state Route 226 in Wooster Township: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for pavement repair. It is to be completed in late July.
• U.S. 250, between state Route 83 and Kidron Road in Wooster, East Union, Salt Creek and Paint townships: Restricted to one lane of two-way traffic for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained with flaggers. It is to be completed in mid-September.
• Ruff Road, at its bridge over I-71 in Congress Township: Closed until Tuesday for bridge repair. A detour will be posted.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: There will be lane closings on Interstate 77 in both directions at Harris Road for work on the overpass through June. Major work has resumed on Chestnut and Harris roads over I-77. Harris Road over I-77 is maintained with two-way traffic and a temporary traffic signal. Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville is maintained with one lane of two-way traffic with a temporary signal until further notice.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033. ¶